Monday, June 18, 2012

The start of the 5 year plan....

This past month has been a roller coaster of paperwork and appointments in order to be able to register for classes. One of the first steps I had to take after I was accepted to UGA was to have immunization paperwork filled out and signed by my physician. Well, the last time I went to the doctor was in high school and that physician was my pediatrician....that was almost a decade ago and I was a little apprehensive about getting a new doctor who I had to rely on to fill out paperwork in a timely. I work in public schools, paperwork is about as fast as a cat on a lazy Sunday, so I'm a little cynical. I went to my appointment and had about a gallon of blood taken and about a dozen immunizations administered. Luckily for me, since I have had the experience of getting a tattoo, the copious needles were not a problem. After a freak moment with a positive PPD (Tuberculosis Skin Test) and a chest x-ray (don't worry I've only been exposed, doesn't mean I have TB, thanks public school system!), all of my immunizations were complete. 
The next step was so anti-difficult that it doesn't even merit mentioning....so I won't.

When the woman at the Health Services department told me that my last flag was lifted, a rush of excitement came over me. This would be my very first graduate level course: Archaeology of Caesar's Gaul. When I hit "Add Course", my eyes filled with tears. This day truly begins my 5 year plan. Even though I had already been accepted and taken my proficiency exam, registering for this class marks the true beginning of my journey.






1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! Your eyes will fill with tears for entirely different reasons once you start grad school, though...kidding, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete